Yankee Oyster "Dressing"
I have taken the classic Oyster Stuffing and given it boost, in the style of Oysters Rockefeller. So with that in mind, go ahead and call it Oyster Dressing if you want.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 8 ounce(s) fresh spinach, stems cut off
- 1 3/4 cup(s) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 lb(s) container of oysters, undrained
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped bell pepper
- 3 cup(s) cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- parmesan cheese to taste
Yankee Oyster "Dressing" Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Blanch the washed, and still wet, spinach in a microwavable bowl for about one minute or until just soft. Squeeze out the excess liquid, coarsely chop.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, omitting fat and set aside.
- Drain oysters in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 c. oyster liquid.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, discard yolks and finely chop the egg whites.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chopped onion, bell pepper and cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in oysters and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in prepared stuffing, oyster liquid, egg whites, wild rice and remaining ingredients including spinach. Add Parmesan cheese to your desire.
- Spread dressing in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.