Blueberry Crunch Cake
Remember when your grandmother made the best blueberry cake around? I sure do! And I still think there is no cake around that can rival it. Okay Grammy? Now go make another while I talk to my readers.
(Now that she is no longer reading, THIS cake is my all time favorite when it comes to using fresh blueberries. It has that certain crisp top and fantastic flavor throughout.)
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1/2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) melted butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
Blueberry Crunch Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray an 8" round baking pan or spring-form pan(or even an 8-inch square pan) with non-stick cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla; stir just to combine. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 T. of sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over berries. Bake until golden, 25 – 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing into to serve warm.