Double Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- Creamy Chocolate Filling, recipe below
Double Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Cups Directions
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or standing mixer, cream together both sugars with the butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla on high, until creamy. In another bowl, blend together flour and baking soda well. Reduce speed to low and beat in the flour mixture slowly.
- Place cookie dough in the center of a large sheet of waxed paper, forming a log about 10-inches long. Very tightly wrap dough in the paper, tucking in the sides as you roll. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the Creamy Chocolate Filling. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and unwrap. Spray a 6-cup muffin tin liberally with nonstick cooking spray or use muffin papers. You can also make mini cookie cups, simply spray the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Slice the cookie log into 12 slices of even thickness. Place one disc of dough into the well of the prepared muffin tin. With your fingers, gently spread the dough to cover the bottom and up the sides, making a well. Remove chocolate mixture from refrigerator and scoop out a little more than a tablespoon, placing it in the center of your dough cup. Take another disc of dough and slightly flatten it out. Place on top of chocolate filled cup and press to seal around the edge. Repeat with remainder of dough and chocolate.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until cookie top has browned. Remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes at least in muffin tin. Take a tablespoon and gently lift out each cookie cup, running the handle of the spoon around the edge if necessary. Serve warm or let cool completely before enjoying.
- Creamy Chocolate Filling:
8 ounces chocolate chips
1/4 cup light or heavy cream
In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and cream and microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir to combine what is melted with the cream. Return to microwave and heat an additional minute. Stir again and if chocolate is still not completely melted, heat an additional 15 seconds at a time until chocolate has melted. Stir well, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until the 'ganache' has firmed.