Simple and Smooth Peanut Butter Cup Mousse
Talk about indulgence. I will say that this recipe is for the kids, but I would be lying. One taste of peanut butter and chocolate combined in something as creamy and airy as this mousse, and you will not need whipped cream. See for yourself. I found that gelatin is not needed here, although a correct mousse includes it. The chocolate, once cooled, gives it the structure mousse needs.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 8 peanut butter cups*
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
Simple and Smooth Peanut Butter Cup Mousse Directions
- Microwave peanut butter cups and butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Microwave at additional 15 second increments, stirring to blend, until completely melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream on high until soft peaks form. slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold this into the melted chocolate mixture and transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate until set.
- * or use 4 ounces chocolate chips with 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted together as directed above.