Honey-Raspberry Fudge-Brownie Cake
I tried! I really tried! I couldn't cut out any words in the title because it is that darned good. With two layers of brownie and the infusion of raspberries, topped with your favorite frosting, you simply must have more than one piece. You have the luxury of two layers here. The bottom being ooey-gooey with the top being a little more cake-like, but still dense and chocolaty. So when you first take a taste, you will have that slight crunch of this 'black-bottomed' cake mingling with everything else going on.....deeeeelicious!
For 8 people
- 1 pint(s) raspberries
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb(s) dark chocolate chips
- cup(s) applesauce
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 2 cup(s) prepared chocolate frosting
Honey-Raspberry Fudge-Brownie Cake Directions
- Pulse the raspberries and honey in a food processor or blender for 20 seconds or until well pureed. Spray an 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan(or equivalent) with nonstick cooking spray liberally. Dust with flour, tapping out the excess. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add applesauce, stirring to combine. Stir in sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla until smooth. Slowly stir in the flour, lumps are perfectly fine. Fold in the pureed berries and transfer half the brownie mixture to prepared pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes, uncovered, or until oven has reached temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F. Beat the remainder 2 eggs and fold into the remainder of the brownie batter. Pour this on top of brownie mixture already in pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just set in the center. Let cool in pan before spreading frosting decoratively on top. Cut and serve.
- * To make your own Fluffy Chocolate Frosting: Place 4 ounces chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. Beat 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening,(or use butter or margarine),softened, 1 cup marshmallow fluff and 2 teaspoons vanilla well with electric mixer on high. Reduce speed to low and slowly add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder, beating until smooth. Gradually beat in another cup powdered sugar and the melted chocolate.