Raspberry Turkish Delights
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) corn syrup
- 1 cup(s) fresh raspberries
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (.25 oz each)
- 3/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup(s) cold water
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) hazelnuts, optional
- powdered sugar for dusting
Raspberry Turkish Delights Directions
- Pulse raspberries inn a food processor or blander for 30 seconds. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer and strain juice from pulp; save juice, discard pulp. Bring 1 1/2 c. water, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until it rapidly boils for 3 minutes; set aside and cover.
- Sprinkle raspberry juice with gelatin, and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 c. cold water until smooth and stir into hot corn syrup mixture. Place over medium-low heat, and simmer, stirring gently, until very thick.
- Remove syrup from heat, stir in raspberry juice mixture and vanilla. Sprinkle a 8x8-inch pan generously with powdered sugar. Pour the Turkish delight into the pan, and let cool in a cool, dry place (not the refrigerator) until set, 3 to 4 hours. When almost set, place a hazelnut onto the top of delight about where the center of each square may be when you are ready to cut.
When cool, sprinkle the top with another thick layer of powdered sugar. Cut into 1-inch squares, and dredge each well with confectioners' sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.