Sensational Chicken Tikka
Tikka literally means "pieces" or "bits" and is a popular Indian 'barbecue' food, as well as being sold on every street corner in India. Highly spiced, but not spicy hot, it is just simple goodness. And if you find yourself with leftover Tikka, follow the recipe for another glorious Indian dish, Chicken Tikka Masala, also found here.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) each cumin, corriander, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) each cinnamon and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each salt, pepper and turmeric(optional)
- 1 cup(s) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 skewers
- Your favorite chutney, for dipping
Sensational Chicken Tikka Directions
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl, Add remainder of ingredients, except chutney, and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. I think 24 hours is perfect. Thred chicken pieces on skewers and grill on your barbecue until done, or when the juices run clear from chicken. Turn often to prevent burning. You can also bake these or place on a broiler pan that has been covered with tin foil and cook until done, making sure they are at least 3-inches from heat source.
- Serve with warmed chutney.