Lemon Cream Rice Pudding with Strawberry Glaze
This dessert is very easy to make and brings the flavor of lemon and strawberry together perfectly.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 cup(s) short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream*
- 1 cup(s) lemon flavored yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- Strawberry Glaze:
- 1 box (4 oz) stawberry jello
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) strawberry extract
- 1 3/4 cup(s) water
Lemon Cream Rice Pudding with Strawberry Glaze Directions
- Make Strawberry Glaze. While it is cooling, make the rice pudding.
- Add rice, sugar, milk and cream to a large saucepan or pot and bring to a scald over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing next step.
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice and the egg yolks until smooth. Remove 2/3 c. hot milk mixture from the rice and pour slowly into the yolk mixture, whisking to prevent scrambling. Add the yolk mixture to the rice and cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and blend in yogurt until well combined.
- Ladle about 1/4 c. strawberry glaze into the bottom of each serving container. Mound some rice pudding on top and dust with crushed graham crackers.
- *Or use light or half-and-half cream.
- Strawberry Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool. You may have to whisk it again until smooth.