3 Ingredient Basic Crepe Recipe
Because these crepes are neutral in flavor, with the exception of a slight custard taste from the eggs, I use it in any recipe that requires crepes. Because you can enhance it with sweet or savory through the filling you would use, it is great to have simply one recipe to fit all.
So go ahead and load and roll with fresh fruits of your choice or stuff it with chicken, veggies and slather sauce over the top. Run wild!
For 12 Serving(s)
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups skim, reduced fat or whole milk
- 2 eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray
3 Ingredient Basic Crepe Recipe Directions
- Add first three ingredients in a blender, or food processor, and pulse on high until smooth.
- Grease a 6-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place over medium heat. When hot, scoop out about 3 tablespoons worth of crepe batter into middle of hot pan. Immediately tilt pan to allow batter to flow, covering entire center of pan.
- Cook 1 minute, or until just starting to get a tan color. Using a fork, flip over crepe and continue cooking an additional 30 seconds. Transfer to a large plate and continue with remaining batter, coating the skillet with spray in between each crepe. You are able to stack without crepes sticking, but if desired, place a small sheet of parchment or wax paper in between.
- Makes 12(6-inch) crepes.
- NOTE: You can make larger crepes by simply using a larger skillet and double the amount of batter applied to the pan.