Coastal Seafood Cups
Cucumbers are so clean tasting, The Yankee Chef even makes his own tartar sauce, not with relish, but with minced cucumbers. They go great with absolutely anything seafood and especially when serving these tidbits outdoors or on the patio while your guests are sipping on a beverage before the entree. And before you ask me, YES...go ahead and use canned crabmeat if desired. Squeeze very dry though before adding.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1/4 cup(s) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) crabmeat, squeezed dry
- 2 ounce(s) cooked, chopped lobster meat
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon-style mustard
- Cracked black peppercorns
Coastal Seafood Cups Directions
- Slice cucumbers into 1 1/2-inch thick slices. Scoop out half of the seeds, leaving a thick bottom to hold your crabmeat mixture. in a bowl, with a hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in yogurt, hot pepper sauce and mustard until well combined. Fold in the crabmeat and lobster and fill each cucumber "cup" with equal amounts of crabmeat mixture. Sprinkle with cracked peppercorns. Cover and refrigerate no more than a couple of hours because the water from the cucumbers will begin to seep.