Orange Crisp Salmon with Warm White Bean Salad
I used a thinner salmon fillet but if using thicker, longer cooking time is required for this zesty and hearty fish dish.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) minced onion
- 1 small plum tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) sliced mushroooms
- 1 (15-ounce)can white beans, drained well
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each dried thyme, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and chili powder
- 4 (4-6-ounce)salmon fillets, deboned and skin removed
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
Orange Crisp Salmon with Warm White Bean Salad Directions
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp, stirring frequently. Drain grease and add onion. Continue cooking an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Add tomato and mushrooms, stir to combine and cook until the mushrooms have softened, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add next 4 ingredients and cover. Simmer, stirring once or twice, 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook salmon.
- In a bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, orange zest, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder. Lightly dredge salmon in mixture, evenly coating both sides. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high until hot. Add salmon fillets and cook 3 minutes, or until browned. Carefully flip over, reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking until done in the center, another 4-6 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- Remove bean salad from stove and serve with salmon.