Apple Bacon Popovers
If you want true Popovers, add the grease from the bacon at the same time that you would pour in the butter, omitting the butter of course. Popovers are also fantastic served with Prime Rib during the Holidays.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 apple
Apple Bacon Popovers Directions
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until well blended. Whisk in milk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring well with a whisk. Let stand 30 minutes.
- While batter is standing, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook bacon strips until crispy. Drain, let cool, and finely chop.
- Coarsely grate apple, including peel. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray, you will need 9 servings.
- Fold the bacon, grated apple, and melted butter into batter, stirring until well blended. Pour batter into prepared popover cups until ¾ full. Bake at 450 degrees F for 18 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately with apple butter.