Spiced Pear-Glazed kielbasa Wraps
The sausage in this recipe can be substituted with your favorite cured pork sausage. Just remember to buy precooked. If you use uncooked links, make sure you cook it until thoroughly done. Add some green peppers if desired as well. Maybe some shredded Cheddar cheese over the top before biting into this delicious, soft sausage wrap?
For 6 Serving(s)
- 2 (4 to 6-ounce)links smoked, precooked kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 pear, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 soft tortilla shells
Spiced Pear-Glazed kielbasa Wraps Directions
- Slice sausage into half-inch "coins" and cut each in half; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add onions and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Add chopped pear and sausage coins.
- Continue cooking until sausages and pears are crisping up. You should try to char each to give it great flavor and texture.
- Add nectar, curry powder, red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir well and continue cooking, stirring once or twice, until nectar has reduced to coat sausages, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Serve as wraps with shells.