What a great way to use leftover mashed squash as well. There is no sauce needed for this great, and simplified, version of ravioli. I used a pizza cutter to round each of these filled wrappers, but this in not needed.
Share This Recipe
For 2 people
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup(s) cooked, mashed squash
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ounce(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each onion and garlic powder
Cheddar-Squash Ravioli Directions
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers and blend well. Removing 2 wonton wrappers at a time, and keeping remainding wrappers tightly wrapped to prevent drying out, lay them on a flat work surface of plate. Wet the edges of one wrapper with oyour finger dipped in water. Spoon a tablespoon squash mixture into the center of it and lay the other wrapper on top. Press all four edges firmly to seal. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Bring a pot of water to a gently simmer over medium-low heat. Slip 4 filled wrappers at a time into the simmering water and cook for 6 minutes, or until they are curling up on the edges and are heated through. Take a spoon and gently lift any ravioli's from the bottom of the pot if any are sticking. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate and repeat with remaining ravioli's. Serve immediately with some oregano sprinkled on top if desired.