Cheesy Stuffed Spaghetti Wheel
A riff on the popular baked spaghetti pie, but with a little cheesy surprise inside. This dish reminds me of a calzone with its tasty ricotta filling and peppery capicola.
Share This Recipe
For 6 people
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 10 ounces smoked Provolone cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces capicola ham, diced
- 4 ounces Italian pepperoni, diced
Cheesy Stuffed Spaghetti Wheel Directions
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in large bowl; set aside. Heat oven to 400-degrees F. Grease 6(8-ounce)ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.*
- In a bowl, blend ricotta, 4 ounces(1-cup) Parmesan cheese, 4 ounces Provolone cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mixing well; set aside.
- Toss remaining ingredients, including remainder of cheeses, with the spaghetti until combined well. Fill each ramekin half way with spaghetti mixture, packing down well. Spoon equal amounts of ricotta cheese mixture in the center and cover with equal amounts of remaining spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese(your choice)and bake 30 minutes, or until crispy on top. Remove from oven to serve as is, up-end each ramekin onto a serving plate ir invert one more time if desired so the crispy top is facing up.
- * If you don't have ramekins, simply use 2 pie tins or cake pans. Just layer half the spaghetti mixture first, then layer the ricotta mixture, topping with remaining spaghetti. Bake as directed, cutting into wedges to serve.