'Bama BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Nothing fancy, but crazy tasty! And you don't need to use a slow cooker to wait for something this good. By softening the spices in this pulled chicken recipe and relying on the great taste of White Barbecue Sauce, you will be pleasantly surprised that you won't miss classic barbeuce at all.
For 4 Serving(s)
- About 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
'Bama BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches Directions
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Turn heat on medium, place the cover on a little askew to allow steam to escape, and boil for 15 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Drain water and add orange juice and soy sauce. Take lid off, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 additional minutes. If you notice the juice running dry, add more if needed.
- Remove chicken and saucepan from heat and allow to cool to room temperture. Remove chicken to clean work surface and shred with two forks, or simply chop with knife. Return chicken to pot and add remaining ingredients, blending well. Top with White Barbecue Sauce, found here.
- Enough for about 4 sandwiches.