Creamy Clams Torta
Chevre cheese is great in this dish, lending a mild, tangy flavor to a creamy Torta like you've never had. Mix this recipe up a bit and purchase flavored Chevre as well. If your cheese is a bit soft, simply cut the cheese into small dice. Either way, it will melt beautifully. Substitute other goat milk cheeses, Parmesan and Romano or even Havarti.
For 4 people
- 8 ounce(s) spaghetti, cooked and drained well
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce)can chopped clams, drained
- 4 ounce(s) Chevre cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
Creamy Clams Torta Directions
- Make sure spaghetti is drained very well. In a large bowl, whisk milk, egg whites and pepper together well. Fold in the spahetti, clams and lastly the grated cheese. Bring oil to shimmering hot over medium heat in a large 10-12-inch skillet. Give the spaghetti mixture one more stir to blend the cheese evenly throughout. Pour into hot skillet, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer. You should see a slight bubbling all around the outside of the skillet. If not, raise heat to medium-low. Remove from heat once the center is set and the edges have attained a brown, cripsy crust, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and cut pizza fashion to serve hot.