Easy Crunchy Rice Pilaf
Here is a great recipe that is fragrant and tasty. I left out quite a bit of salt and I didn't miss it at all.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked white rice
- 2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounce(s) snow peas or other edible pea pods, julienned thinly
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced and thinly julienned
- 2 tablespoon(s) julienned water chestnuts
- pepper to taste
Easy Crunchy Rice Pilaf Directions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the rice and stir-fry 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the snow peas and carrots and simmer 3-4 minutes longer, covered, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff before serving hot.