Gà Kẹo Caramel
Want something completely different, yet have that familiar, great taste? Here it is! A spicy(yet not too spicy) simmered chicken dish that has that Yankee/Asian flair. Is there such a thing? There is now
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 2 lb(s) bone-in chicken(I prefer thighs)
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 hot chili, seeded and minced
- 1 cup(s) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) molasses
Gà Kẹo Caramel Directions
- Heat a large skillet over high heat with oil until shimmering. Add the chicken, top side down and let sear for 6-7 minutes without moving the pieces. Gently loosen the chicken with a spatula and turn over to brown an additional 4-5 minutes, or until browned on bottom.
- Remove the chicken, leaving the fond in the pan, and add the sugar, garlic and minced chili. Let melt and stir for 1 minute while cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the chili sauce, cider vinegar, dried ginger and molasses, mix well.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and glaze both sides of the chicken with the melted brown sugar mixture. Reduce heat to low, add the bowl of chili sauce mixture, cover and simmer 20-22 minutes, or until chicken is done throughout.
- Turn over the chicken half-way through simmering. Remove from skillet and serve immediately. This is a great protein with a side of Satay Noodles(8 ounces of very thin noodles), or simply to go along with a picnic side, or two, or three.