Lamb and Udon Teriyaki Stir Fry
Simple and hearty, this dish is a snap to prepare and a snap to devour.
Share This Recipe
For 3 people
- 8 ounce(s) dried udon noodles
- 8 ounce(s) lamb meat, cubed *
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried ginger
- 1/2 carrot, peeled
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
Lamb and Udon Teriyaki Stir Fry Directions
- Cook udon noodles according to package directions, but reduce cooking time by 2 minutes, or until noodles are al dente, slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- Toss lamb cubes with cornstarch; set aside. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger in a small bowl; set aside. With a vegetable peeler, cut ribbons from carrot; set aside. In a large saucepan or skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the prepared lamb cubes and garlic, stir frying for 3-5 minutes, or until browned all over and mostly cooked through. Add carrot ribbons, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender. Add broth and soy mixture, continuing to cook until sauce has thickened. Add udon noodles, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat to serve.
- Makes 3 servings.
- * You can use either meat from a leg of lamb or a small loin. You may be able to find stew lamb, but you will need to trim and make sure there is no cartilage running through the cubes. If so, simply cut cartilage out.