Grecian Stuffed Squash
A great starter for your Holiday meal, or a "night before" appetizer when enjoying good friends, family and toasts.
Share This Recipe
For 6 people
- medium zucchini's
- 8 ounce(s) ground lamb
- 1/4 cup(s) minced onion
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped red chilies in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- ounce(s) Kefalotyri cheese, sliced thin *
Grecian Stuffed Squash Directions
- Peel strips of skin of each zucchini and then cut into 2-3-inch segments. With a teaspoon, dig out seeds halfway through each segment; set aside. In a skillet, over medium heat, add ground lamb and onion, breakng up with a spoon. Cook until thoroughly done, about 4-5 minutes, Drain excess grease from pan and add bacon, chilies and seasonings. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Place scooped out zucchini segments on a greased baking pan. Evenly divide lamb mixture into each zucchini cavity. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until squash is beginnning to soften when squeezed. Slide rack halfway out and top each with equal amounts of cheese. Continue baking until cheese has completely melted. Remove to serve immediately.
- * Or use Kefalograviera, Pecorino or Gruyere(which would be less dry and salty but melts much better)