Lamb and Pepper Bites
If you find it hard to find Harissa in your supermarket, simply add whatever amount and variety of hot chilies, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper to taste to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste is formed, drizzling a little olive oil at a time to achieve desired consistency. Not only is Harissa sensational in this recipe, but adding it to any burger or mixing it with mayonnaise as a topping gives you a bite you won't son forget. If heat isn't your thing, omit it entirely and add 1 teaspoon chili powder.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 10 mini bell peppers, various colors
- 1/2 lb(s) ground lamb
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) Harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon chopped, fresh
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Lamb and Pepper Bites Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Cut the tops off of all peppers and reach in to remove all seeds and as much of the "off-tasting" white pith as your can. In a mixing bowl, combine lamb, Harissa, rosemary and salt and black pepper. Stuff each prepared pepper evenly with lamb mixture. place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the lamb is well done and the pepper is soft. You can also cook these to your preference. Cook the same way in a barbecue grill as well by placing over indirect, medium heat until the peppers are slightly charred, turning occasionally to prevent scorching.