Chilean Cucumber Appetizers
Nope, I don't Chilean sea bass in this recipe. Many don't know that smoked salmon from Chile is just as popular and tasty as Norwegian smoked salmon. If you find it in your supermarket I urge you to grab it. If not, any smoked salmon will do, be it cold or hot smoked. This recipe reminds me so much of a side dish my Dad used to make, using herring, onions and sour cream. He always served it free in a relish tray for his diners. I Yanked this recipe to reflect a more universal appeal.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 10 ounce(s) smoked salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) minced apple
- 1/4 cup(s) minced onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cucumbers
Chilean Cucumber Appetizers Directions
- In a bowl, add first 7 ingredients, coating salmon well. Add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. When ready, slice cucmber(s)into thin slices on the biase. Remove salmon from refrigerator. With a toothpick, skewer on of the ends of the cucumber, through the "wall", not the center where the seeds are. Thread a piece of salmon and then skewer the opposite side of the cucumber. Repeat until all salmon is used. Place on a plate or platter, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.