July Salmon Rolls
Like I have mentioned time and time again, peas go with salmon like green beans go with lamb. The comibination of lemon-flavored cream cheese and tangy pea puree make this a celebration unto itself.
Share This Recipe
For 10 Serving(s)
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt and garlic powder
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- Juice and grated zest from 1 lime
- 4 ounce(s) smoked salmon, sliced thin
- 1 (10-inch)flour tortilla
July Salmon Rolls Directions
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, pulse peas, broth, brown sugar, salt and garlic powder until as smooth or chunky as you like. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. When ready to assemble, mix cream cheese, sour cream with juice and zest of the lime. Spread over entire surface of tortilla shell. Evenly distribute pea puree over the cream cheese mixture. Place salmon on the nearest third of the shell, toward you. Start rolling, rather tightly. Wrap in film wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove to slice to the thickness of your choosing. Serve cold.