Country Kitchen Potato Salad with Crabmeat
I remember so well one of my parents first restaurants in Maine. It was the Canaan Country Kitchen. It was here that I first learned his recipe for cole slaw dressing that I have never had since. So what a perfect marriage, combining cole slaw, great dressing, some crunchy vegetables and crabmeat. Think about it for a moment......done? Now go make it!
For 1 Batch(es)
- Country Kitchen Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon each lemon pepper and Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked, cubed potatoes
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup cooked, whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup minced cucumber
- 4 ounces cooked crabmeat *
Country Kitchen Potato Salad with Crabmeat Directions
- Whisk together Country Kitchen Dressing ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all salad ingredints, tossing to combine. Fold in the dressing to the potatoes well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- * Your choice of crabmeat will be just fine, including canned(but drained well), freshly cooked and chopped or even imitation that has been chopped.