Grilled Shrimp with Capicola and Basil-Lemon 'Pesto'
A great spicy dish with a side of pucker. If you don't have your outdoor grill fired up yet, simply place these on a baking pan and roast at 400-degrees F for the same amount of time to create a crispy Italian-style skewer. This is truly the easiest grilled shrimp on a skewer that incorporates a flair that shrimp is due.
For 3 Serving(s)
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, or 1/3 cup freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 thin slices capicola, halved
- 3 skewers
Grilled Shrimp with Capicola and Basil-Lemon 'Pesto' Directions
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, combine olive oil, basil, lemon juice and zest; whisking well. Add shrimp, cover with film wrap and let marinate for 1 hour or up to 3. Remove shrimp from marinade, shaking excess off. Wrap each shrimp with one half piece of capicola. Skewer the tail section of a shrimp onto rod, right through to the head section. Repeat with all shrimp, using 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Arrange skewered shrimp on the cooking grate of your grill, close lid and cook about 4 minutes per side over indirect heat, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and enjoy immediately.
- Makes 3 skewers.