Curried Waldorf Egg Salad
Although the nuts are missing(for those who simply cannot tolerate them), this is a tremendously flavorful egg salad that will quickly remind you of that classic Waldorf salad. If you are having issues with your children trying egg salad for the first time, this just may be a way to open that stubborn door for you.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 honey or Honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 -8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 rib minced celery
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
Curried Waldorf Egg Salad Directions
- Simply whisk the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. In another, larger bowl, combine the remaining ingredients well and pour in the mayonnaise mixture, tossing to combine well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before piling onto your choise of bread or rolls.
- Enough for 3-4 good sized sandwiches.