Chocolate, Chocolate Chewy Meringue Cookies
Enough chocolate for you? I forgot to add caramel as well. I think you should indulge in a super easy, super chocolaty cookie one more time. With a touch of fruit flavor and caramel, these cookies are not only deliciously indulgent, but you can keep them in the oven an additional 30 minutes after turning heat off for a crispy, traditional meringue cookie.
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips, divided
- 6 caramel candies
- 3 tablespoon(s) your favorite preserves(I used apricot)
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
Chocolate, Chocolate Chewy Meringue Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, blend together powdered sugar and cocoa powder; set aside. Using a clean, dry mixing bowl and beaters, begin beating egg whites on high until soft peaks form. With the beater continuing to run on high, add the sugar mixture, a tablespoon at a time, beating well in between additions. Continue until all sugar has been added and stiff peaks have formed.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips with a spautla. Dollop heaping tablespoon-sized mounds of meringue onto prepared pan, leaving 2 inches between mounds. Create a well in each with a teaspoon. Bake 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch, but still soft.
- Meanwhile, melt caramel candies in a small saucepan with preserves until completely melted and mixed well: set aside. Melt remainder of chocolate chips with milk until smooth; set aside.
- When cookies are done, remove from oven and transfer to rack or plate. Fill each well with caramel mixture evenly. Drizzle melted chocolate over each cookie and let sit to cool before serving, or have it them now!
- Makes about 20 cookies