Chocolate Marshmallow Truffle Pie
By upping the amount of chocolate chips to a pound, and omitting the crust, you have just made yourself the base for truffles. Simply refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm, remove and roll. After rolling, dip these truffles in powdered sugar or melted chocolate. Whatever you decide to do with this recipe.....caution! They are super chocolatey.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 2 cup(s) crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup(s) light or half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1 (12-ounce)bag chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup(s) marshmallow creme, divided
Chocolate Marshmallow Truffle Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a bowl, combine graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir well until graham crackers are completely moistened. Spread in a 9-inch pie tin evenly along the bottom and up the sides as much as possible. Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven to cool while making Truffle filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream and butter. Stirring frequently, bring to scalding. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until butter has melted. Be careful not to let cream boil. Add the chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallow cream. Cook and stir frequently until the chocolate has melted and the marshmallow has completely blended in. Remove from heat and pour into prepared pie shell. Microwave remainder marshmallow creme for 10 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Drizzle over pie, swirling it on top. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until firm.