Chocolate-Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
When you can have a chocolate flavored cookie with melted chocolate smack dab in the middle, you have yourself a true indulgence.
Share This Recipe
For 1 Batch(es)
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) utter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 6 ounce(s) chocolate chips(dark, milk or white)
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
Chocolate-Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. Beat 1 c. butter and sugar until fluffy, then add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually add in dry ingredients, beating until combined. Roll into balls and coat in sugar. Place baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes, no longer! Remove from oven and use a round measuring spoon to make an indentation in the middle of each cookie. Replace them to the oven and continue cooking for 4 additional minutes.
- Even though they may not look done, they are. Remove from oven and let sit on baking pan. While they are cooling, melt chocolate chips and remainder of butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently Add peppermint extract, mix well and scoop chocolate into a baggie. Snip off a corner and pipe some of the chocolate into each indentation. If you have a piping bag, have at it. Now eat.