Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Grab The Milk! Ahhhhhhhh. That's all I can say about these cookies. A mainstay of every household with children I know of, it should be in your home as well.This is the perfect time of year to enjoy these goodies because the weather is cool enough for these to set and not leave melted chocolate on every piece of furniture in the house.
I realize everyone has their own rendition of No Bake Cookies, but try mine. Perfectly able to withstand even the harshest of critics.
Why add the cocoa AND chocolate chips? Both chocolate products add their own distinct characteristics to these cookies that I find perfect. Plus, with the addition of the chocolate chips, you don't have to worry about bringing the boiling mixture to a "hard" stage before removing and for the final product to harden properly, the chocolate helps you with this.
For 4 people
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick(1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Directions
- Put first five ingredients in sauce pan and heat to a rolling boil, while stirring, over high heat. Continue stirring frequently and boiling for 8 minutes.If you have a candy thermometer, it should read right around the soft ball stage, but this isn't necessary because of the addition of chocolate chips. As you know, melted chocolate chips will firm while cooling, even in a mixture such as these cookies.
- After 8 minutes, add the chocolate chips and continue cooking and stirring until melted. Remove from heat and add peanut butter: blend well.Â Pour in oats and stir until mixed.
- Grab 2 large baking sheets and "drop" the mixture by the 1/4 cup, leaving 2 inches between each mound. Now drop on the floor. That's right, hold it 5-6 inches from the floor or counter and drop evenly so that the cookies spread out slightly. If the mixture is slightly runny and seems to spread out naturally, there is no need to do this step. Let stand until cookies harden either out of, or in, the refrigerator. It usually takes about 1/2 hour.
- Makes 20(1/4 cup) sized cookies