"Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows" Cookies
The best of ALL worlds, I dare say! One bite and you will taste the solid equivalent of creamy, hot cocoa with melted marshmallows.
Share This Recipe
For 12 Serving(s)
- cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Dutch cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla
- Marshmallow Icing, recipe below
"Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows" Cookies Directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking power. In a separate large bowl, preferably with an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Add in flour mixture, and mix until combined. Cover the mixture with plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Roll the dough into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely cooked.
Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely. When ready to ice, spoon equal amounts of Marshmallow Icing on top of each and crumble an extra cookie or two on top.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup marshmallow cream
5 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer or hand held beater, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy. You may want to start out on low speed and gradually increase speed.