Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Pie
Yes, I have taken a shortcut here with the use of prepared whipped topping. Does anyone object to spending less time in the kitchen and more time with family during Christmas? I agree!
Share This Recipe
For 8 Serving(s)
- Chocolate Crust:
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup(1/2 stick)butter or margarine, melted
- 2 (8-ounce)packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce)container whipped topping
- Chocolate coating:
- 2 (4-ounce)bars cacao chocolate bar *
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Pie Directions
- Place cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and blend until evenly moistened. Spread in a 9-inch pie pan. Press down on the bottom and up the sides. Place in freezer for 1 hour before starting filling.
- Beat cream cheese and peppermint extract until smooth with an electric mixer. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips and whipped topping until evenly blended. Pour into prepared pan and place in refrigerator while making the coating.
- Break up cacao chocolate into very small pieces and add to a large bowl with corn syrup and butter. Loosely cover and microwave for 45 seconds. Remove to stir until smooth. If you still have lumps, microwave an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour over cheesecake, sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- * I use at least 75% cacao