Unique Pumpkin Cheese Dip
I do realize many of you will not want to go purchase baby food for this recipe, and that would be a shame. It is perfect for this dip but if desired, simply omit and add 2 additional tablespoons maple syrup. But if you do decide to follow this recipe, purchase pureed plums, mixed fruit or apple baby food as a substitute. Mix it up! But you do realize nobody has to know our little secret......
For 3 people
- 3 mini pumpkins
- 2 cup(s) Mascarpone or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) solid pack pumpkin *
- 6 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 (4-ounce)jar pureed pear baby food
- 2 tablespoon(s) real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon(s) almond or rum extract
- 3 apples
Unique Pumpkin Cheese Dip Directions
- Cut the stem ends of each pumpkin off. With a spoon, dig out stringy flesh and seeds; set aside. In the bowl of a table top mixer, or using a hand-held mixer, beat all ingredients except apples until it is smooth and silky. Equally divide among hollowed out pumpkins, loosely cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Wedge apples for dipping.
- * Make sure you get a good brand of this pumpkin. I use the cheaper brands in many recipes, but when you purchase store-brand packed pumpkin, it is far too watery for this recipe.