Coastal Clambake Salad
I had to sneak one more recipe in here before the cold weather hits and this is a perfect ending to a summer of picnics. If desired, add some cooked, chopped lobster to give you a taste of the coast. The amount of dressing is just enough to hold together, but double it up for a creamy salad. Serve along with a bowl of chowder and crackers and you can almost hear the waves.
For 3 Serving(s)
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked, cooled and cubed
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (6.5-ounce)can chopped clams, drained
- 1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoon(s) pure olive oil
Coastal Clambake Salad Directions
- In a large bowl, toss the first 9 ingredients together well. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining 2 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add dressing to salad and gently mix until dressing is evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.