One-of-a-Kind Lobster Shortcake
This is a beautiful prelude to your summer Strawberry Shortcake that you will be parading around with your family and friends during the hot summer months. To indulge in both will have you forgetting about the mess and fuss of firing up, and using, your outdoor grill.
For 4 people
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 (8x8-inch)pan cooked cornbread
- ounce(s) cooked lobster meat, roughly chopped
- Yankee Chipotle Sauce, recipe below
- 3 ounce(s) snow pea pods, minced
One-of-a-Kind Lobster Shortcake Directions
- Cut 12 small, 3-inch circles of cornbread; set aside. Make Yankee Chipotle Sauce, keep warm. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until softened, but not browned. Add lobster, stir well and "stir fry" until lobster is heated through and starting to brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
- To each serving dish, place one circle cornbread, topped with 1-2 ounces lobster meat. Top with some Yankee Chipotle Sauce. Repeat process one more time. Place on last circle of cornbread resting against shortcake stack, drizzle with more sauce and add another ounce of lobster meat. Sprinkle with a 1/4 of the minced pea pods. Repeat with 3 remaining serving plates and serve immediately.
- To make Yankee Chipotle Sauce. Place 1 cup vegetable broth, 1(3.5-ounce)can chipotle peppers, juice from 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a small saucepan. Whisk well, breaking up peppers, and bring to scalding over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro(or 1/2 teaspoon dried).