The Best Authentic Thai Peanut Sauce
Thai peanut sauce usually uses whole peanuts that are ground during the preparation of this recipe. Although very tasty in its' own right, I find that prepared peanut butter gives a much more rounded flavor. This is great on a steak salad, drizzle it over some french fries or marinate some seafood in it before cooking. This sauce will thicken once refrigerated but simply thin out with a little more broth. A stir fry of vegetables is my choice as a base for this sauce as well, a simple reminder of certain Indonesian recipes.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup(s) creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup(s) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1 (3.5-ounce)can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried ginger
The Best Authentic Thai Peanut Sauce Directions
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk well. Turn heat to medium and bring to boiling, stirring very often. Reduce temperature to low and simmer 5 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat and use. If the sauce is too thick for your taste, simply thin it out with more broth, coconut milk or lime juice.