Delicious New England Corn Fritter 'Pudding'
This twist on a Southern favorite is easily adaptable being baked in an 9x9-inch as well, as mentioned below. And want something great to serve with it? Try a hot bowl os spicy chili and a cold beer. Now THAT'S Southern hospitality. Just wish everyone would offer it when I take trips down South.
For 4 people
- 3/4 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) each baking powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) each dried basil and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each black pepper and red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) creamed corn
- 1 cup(s) whole kernel corn
- 4 ounce(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
Delicious New England Corn Fritter 'Pudding' Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a large bowl, blend cornmeal, flour, baking powder, garlic powder, basil, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. In a separate bowl, blend remaining ingredients until smooth and add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until smooth. Grease 4(2-cup) ramekins or a 9x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the fritter batter into preparted dishes, place on a sheet pan and bake 25-27 minutes, or until slightly browned opn top and when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to cool slightly before serving.