Crispy Korean Pancakes with Dipping Sauce
The Orients take on our grilled cakes. Luscously moist, perfectly seasoned and served with a side of Oriental-style Dipping Sauce, this makes for a great meal while overlooking the setting of the 'rising sun'.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) apple juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 cup(s) (3 1/2-ounces)bean sprouts
- 1 plum tomato, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoon(s) slivered bamboo shoots
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced scallions
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) total peanut or canola oil
Crispy Korean Pancakes with Dipping Sauce Directions
- Begin by adding all sauce ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Whisk well, remove from heat and set aside while making pancakes.
- In a large bowl, add remainder of ingredients except peanut oil, mix well. In a large skillet, add half the oil over medium heat. when hot, place 1/4-cup measures of the sprout mixture into the skillet. This mixture will be on the wet side, but this is perfectly fine. Cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until pancakes are browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and repeat with remainder of oil and pancake mixture. Serve 3 to an order with a side of warm Dipping Sauce.