Apple Dipper Oatmeal Cookies
If you enjoy dipping wedges of apple into peanut butter, then you are going to love these cookies. The instant cider mix is found in supermarkets everywhere this time of year, but you may need to order it online if you live elsewhere, but at least look. These cookies are so delicious, moist and packed with apple flavor, you won't be able to put them down.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 4 (.74-ounce)packets apple cider instant drink mix*
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- 2 eggs, beaten with 3 tablespoons water
Apple Dipper Oatmeal Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a large bowl, blend the oats, flour, sugar, apple cider mix, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter, peanut butter and egg mixture until well incorporated. Drop by the tablespoon on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between mounds, and cook 13-15 minutes. The cookies will be done when the underside is lightly browned and the edges are slightly crisp. The cookie itself will still be soft, making it hard to determine when to pull them from the oven. When the centers are soft, but not soupy, then they are ready. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes before carefully transferring to plates to completely cool. The cookies will firm up once cooled.
- Makes about 25 cookies