Pure and Simple Lobster Alfredo
No need for any other ingredient than the great taste of lobster and Alfredo sauce. Although you may add a crumb topping if desired, just be careful of burning under broiler. There are just times in your life where you want to enjoy lobster simply and cheesy, and this is the perfect example. Being the frugal Yankee that I am, I would strongly advice taking advantage of the sweet butter in this recipe. It isn't often that I use it, but when I do, you can rest asssured it is a special occasion, such as this dish.
For 4 people
- 4 tablespoon(s) sweet butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 cup(s) light cream
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb(s) cooked lobster meat, chopped
Pure and Simple Lobster Alfredo Directions
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Whisk in the flour until smooth and add cream. While stirring almost constantly, bring to scalding. Add cheeses and stir to combine. Continue stirring and cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt remaining butter. Add lobster and cook 2 minutes or until hot. Reduce heat ot low and fold in the cheese sauce, bringing back up to scalding. Remove from heat and evenly divide among 4 ramekins or other oven-safe individual dishes. Place under broiler, at least 3 inches from heat source, until lightly browned and bubbling on top. Remove to serve immediately