Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
Loaded with chopped clams, you can ease back a little if desired. But being a Yankee, I love my clams.......lobster, shrimp, scallops.....anything from the ocean really! This is one of the very few times that clams and tomato go hand in hand(in my opinion). So enjoy this perfectly seasoned recipe with some crusty Italain bread..... broken of course.
For 4 people
- 1 lb(s) dry linguine
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 (6-ounce)can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed, dried thyme
- 1 (28-ounce)can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) bottled clam juice
- 3 (6.5-ounce)cans chopped clams, drained
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Linguine with Red Clam Sauce Directions
- Cook linguine according to package directions, drain well and set aside. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and "stir-fry" for 3 minutes. Add broth, tomato paste, red pepper flakes and thyme. Stir until paste is combined well. Add crushed tomatoes, and clam juice. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring ocassionally. Drain clams and mix into sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and cooked pasta. Toss to combine well and serve immediately.