Curried California Veggie Au Gratin
The touch of curry in this dish brings everything together rather nicely. I used yellow curry powder, but use whatever your heart desires. Be careful and remember that there are differing levels of heat in each blend.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of California Style frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/4 small onion, minced
- 1 3/4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup(s) light or half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Curried California Veggie Au Gratin Directions
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Place the frozen vegetables on a baking pan and roast until thawed and hot, about 12-14 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sautee until soft, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth, stir to combine and bring to a boil, raising heat to medium high if desired. With one hand stirring, pour the conrstarch slurry into the broth, stirring well. Add cream, stir well and remove from heat. Stir in the cheese until melted; add curry and season to taste with salt and pepper: set aside. Remove vegetables from oven, portion onto 4 individual serving plates and top with cheese sauce.