Lobster Fall Roll
What is the difference between a Fall, Spring or Egg Roll? Not a darned thing, jsut felt like mixing it up a bit. This crispy, flavorful Asian-inspired roll is sans fat compared to deep fried, but still retains all the crispness. Play with your filling ingredients, using your favorite vegetables. There is no need, however, with dipping sauce, at least not with this Yankee-infused Fall roll.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 3 cup(s) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 12 ounce(s) chopped, cooked lobster meat
- 10 Egg Roll Wrappers
Lobster Fall Roll Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a large skillet or saucpan, cook garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently over medium-high heat. Add onions and continue cooking until onions are softened, about 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Add cole slaw mix, blend with garlic and onions and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are fork tender, about 6-7 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking an additional 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanhile, in a bowl, blend together soy, vinegar, maple syup, ginger and red pepper. Add to cole slaw mix, with the lobster, and blend thoroughly while over medium-high heat. Cook one minute and remove from heat.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with a corner facing you. Place about 1/4 cup in the center, a little toward you though, and spread out log-shaped, from one side corner to another. Fold sides in, covering a little of the filling, and grab the corner closest to you, folding it over the filling. Begin rolling tightly away from you until you reach the farthest corner. Wet your fingers with water and moisten that corner before finishing rolling. Place, seam side down, onto an ungreased cookie or baking sheet and continue with remainder of wrappers.
- Spray tops of each roll with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with oil and bake 4-5 minutes, or unitl browned nicely. Roll over to cook 4-5 minutes longer before removing from oven to enjoy.