Aromatic Old-Fashioned Cheese Drop Biscuits
This recipe came to me when I was "wicked" pressed for time this past week so instead of rolling these babies out, I decided to simply plunk them down onto a baking sheet and cook them while cleaning up the rest of the mess from supper preparation. With no rolling pin to clean, no counter to scrape and no flour to dust off half the kitchen, these biscuits came out beautifully.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- ounce(s) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
Aromatic Old-Fashioned Cheese Drop Biscuits Directions
- Preheat oven to 475-degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add remainder of ingredients and stir to combine well. On a greased baking sheet, dollop 1/4-cup mounds of dough, leaving a couple inches between mounds. It may help to spray the inside of your measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray or dip a paper towel in oil to moisten to help prevent sticking. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and crispy. Remove drop biscuits from pan and cool on a rack or platter to prevent more browning on bottom.