Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
Many of us cheesecake lovers thoroughly enjoy the taste of plain cheesecake. There are, also, times when I want just a little something to accentuate the pure flavor and chocolate(of course) and caramel drizzled over the top satisfies this craving
For 4 people
- 2 cup(s) chocolate water cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 15 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup(s) chocolate chips
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 eggs
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Directions
- In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies, sugar and melted butter, mixing well. Press into the bottom and up the sides 1-inch of a springform pan. Refrigerate. Meanwhile, make filling. In a small saucepan, add the caramels and 3 tablespoons milk. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand or table-top mixer on high, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, until all 3 have been combined well.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F. Remove chilled crust from refrigerator and pour cheesecake filling into crust, spreading evenly. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until the center is just barely done. Remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
- Add the chocolate chips and remainder of milk in a microwavable bowl. Cook, on high, for 1 minute, removing to stir until smooth. If there are still lumps, continue heating in microwave in additional 15-seconds increments until smooth when stirred. Remove from microwave; set aside.
- Pour or drizzle melted caramel and melted chocolate over the top of the cheesecake and refrigerate until completely cool before unmolding, slicing and serving.