Game Day Chili
Talk about a flavor-Packer. Don't be a Saint, just eat like a Bear and Ram it in your mouth by the spoonful. Okay, OKAY! So I am not that good at puns, but this recipe will make up for it.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 3/4 lb(s) ground beef or sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce can) red pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper or flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, crushed
- Large pinch dried mustard
Game Day Chili Directions
- Add the onions, peppers, beef broth, olive oil and garlic in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree 5-6 seconds on high until very finely minced. Transfer to a large saucepan or pot, along with the ground beef.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to crumble the beef, until meat is no longer pink in the middle. This will be a little soupy, but that is perfectly fine.
- Add remainder of ingredients, stir well to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes with a lid on. Remember to stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Remove and serve immediately.