Zesty Glazed Bacon
For those with a taste toward chewy bacon, I suggest using thick-cut bacon. It will be hard to, however, make thick bacon even remotely crispy without burning, so I use regular cut. The preparation below will give you a cross between crispy and chewy which, to me, is the perfect consistency when paired with the sweetness, smokiness, saltiness and spiciness of these.........I gotta go make this now!
For 4 people
- 1 lb(s) bacon
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
Zesty Glazed Bacon Directions
- Preheat broiler and place racks at least 3 inches from heat source. Place a rack on top of a broiler pan. Lay the strips of bacon on top of the racks.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, chili powder and black pepper well. Sprinkle each bacon strip with about equal amounts of the sugar mixture, pressing into the bacon. Broil 3-4 minutes, or until slightly crispy and starting to brown.
- Remove from broiler and carefully turn each slice of bacon over. Spread with remaining sugar mixture and return to broiler.
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until browned to your liking, being careful not to burn, which happens very fast.