Chocolate Pot de Crème
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 2/3 cup(s) light, heavy cream or even half-and-half
- 12 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet
- 3 tablespoon(s) very strong prepared coffee
- 2 tablespoon(s) coffee liqueur or brandy, optional
- 3 egg yolks
Chocolate Pot de Crème Directions
- In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, bring light cream just to boiling and immediatley remove from heat: set aside. In a food processor or blender, add chocolate chips and process to make smaller pieces of chocolate. Pour coffee, coffee liqueur or brandy, eggs, and hot cream over these chocolate bits. Blend at high speed with a hand or table top mixer for about a minute or until the chocolate has melted and everything is smooth.
- Pour into 6 small cups or small custard cups and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. After pudding has cooled and thickened for about an hour, cover with film wrap and continue cooing until completely cooled. When ready to serve, dollop some whipped cream and crushed nuts over the top if desired, I am boring, so I eat it as is.