Now I realize not many of us have candy thermometers, but as I say time and time again, take a couple of dollars and buy one. They come in handy at all times of the year, but especially during the holidays when you want to make certain confections for loved ones, or yourself.
For 4 people
- 6 apples
- 6 craft sticks
- 1 (14 oz) package individually wrapped caramels
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
Caramel Apples Directions
- Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Spray a baking sheet or large plate with non-stick booking spray.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated.
- Place on prepared sheet or dish to set. They can be rolled in chopped nuts for an added touch of flavor! But remember that they are now called Apple Taffy's once you have added nuts.
- Decorate any fashion you would like. With the candied Apples, you will need to add whichever addition you would like very quickly, before the candy harden.